This course covers the skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol and to satisfy the requirements for responsible service of alcohol (RSA) under NSW legislation.
Anyone who is interested in the hospitality industry should complete this course to broaden employment opportunities.
$106 (usually $160 – save 40%)
New South Wales for 5 years.
Date & Time:
Monday 8:30am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 3:00pm
Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm
Why Do You Need An RSA?
Why Do You Need An RSA
The RSA course is required for people working in an environment where alcohol is sold or served. Including:
- Bar staff
- Cafe staff
- Bottle shop attendants
- Security Officers
- Event staff
- Function staff
- Cruise ship staff
For any establishment that sells or serves alcohol in NSW, it is a government requirement for their staff to have completed a Liquor and Gaming NSW approved RSA course.
Once you have competed your RSA course, it will be valid for 5 years and will require a refresh after this period.
USI (Unique Student Identifier) Requirement
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- Liquor and Gaming NSW interim RSA certificate – valid for 90 days after which your Competency Card must be used
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
During this course, you will learn how to sell and serve alcohol in a responsible fashion. The course will include information about:
- Legal requirements related to venues, minors and signage
- Assisting customers to drink within the appropriate limits
- How to react to alcohol affected customers and identify those whose service should be refused
Throughout the course there will be small role-play activities and a written knowledge test.
No prior knowledge is required.
Located in the heart of Bondi Junction, we are less than 2 minutes from the nearest bus and train stops!
Address: Ground Level, 332-342 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction 2022
Train station: Bondi Junction
Students must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (Passport, Drivers license or Proof of Age Card).
You can pay for the course online by credit/debit card – our site is highly secure. Over the phone by credit/debit card. Or come into our Bondi office!
You can bring a friend along to the course at an additional charge or book an interpreter through the National Translation service.
Unfortunately due to limited spots in our classes we cannot provide refunds. If you need to re-schedule, see our Terms and Conditions.
No, as it stands only a NSW RSA is recognised in NSW.
Yes! You can once you have received your interim certificate. However if you work in the Kings Cross precinct you need to have a RSA Competency Card before you can serve alcohol.
Ready to get started?
Join one of our daily courses in the heart of Bondi.