HLTAID003 Provide First Aid. This is a current government approved course and a First Aid course that employers in Australia look for.
Get the latest training in First Aid and manage an emergency with confidence.
Pre-requisites: Small pre-learning exercise
Unit Code: HLTAID003
Valid: 3 years
Date & Time:
Saturdays 9am – 3pm
Sundays 9am – 3pm
HLTAID001 CPR certificate
HLTAID003 First Aid certificate
Why Do You Need a First Aid Certificate?
The First Aid course is required by many businesses and institutions to promote a safe working environment.
In addition to the requirements, basic First Aid is undertaken by everyone at some point in their life.
Nationally recognised –
HLTAID001 CPR certificate, valid for 1 year and
HLTAID003 First Aid certificate, valid for 3 years.
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Managing shock
- and much, much more!
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Throughout the course there will be small role-play activities and a written knowledge test.
Our course comprises of a pre-course learning component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course.
The pre-study consists 15 true/false questions.
Pre-study takes 1 hour on average.
Located in the heart of Bondi Junction, we are less than 2 minutes from the nearest bus and train stops!
Address: Ground Level, 332-342 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction 2022
Train station: Bondi Junction
Ready to get started?
Join one of our daily courses in the heart of Bondi.
Have a question?
Call us on 02 9386 0038
Avaliable 8am – 4pm Mon-Sat
Or get in touch with us here
RSA + RCG: $175 (save $10)
RSA + Barista: $164 (save $10)
RSA + RCG + Barista: $233 (save $20)
More information here