This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults and specifically applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting.
This unit of competency satisfies the requirement set for approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training for child carers and educators.
- Small pre-learning exercise
- UNIT CODE:
- 3 years
- Date & Time:
- saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- HLTAID001 CPR certificate, HLTAID003 First Aid certificate, HLTAID004 Education First Aid Certificate
Why Do You Need an Educational First Aid Certificate?
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency will contribute towards approved First Aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
Nationally recognised HLTAID004 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting certificate, valid for 3 years.
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- incident reporting in a child care setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- …and much more!
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Throughout the course there will be small role-play activities and a written knowledge test.
Our course comprises of a pre-course learning component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course.
The pre-study consists 15 true/false questions.
Pre-study takes 1 hour on average.
Located in the heart of Bondi Junction, we are less than 2 minutes from the nearest bus and train stops!
Address: Ground Level, 332-342 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction 2022
Train station: Bondi Junction
Students must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (Passport, Drivers license or Proof of Age Card).
You can pay for the course online by credit/debit card – our site is highly secure. Over the phone by credit/debit card. Or come into our Bondi office!
You can bring a friend along to the course at an additional charge or book an interpreter through the National Translation service.
Unfortunately due to limited spots in our classes we cannot provide refunds. If you need to re-schedule, see our Terms and Conditions.